Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to change ur account from using visa card to iTunes card

Hi ...

I used to study in UK which make use visa card ( UK bank ) and now am back to america + my visa card is expired and i wish to use iTunes card only .

How can i do that and it doesn't let me use iTunes card unless I use a new bank card or anything like it ?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Oct 20, 2014 1:08 PM

7 replies

Oct 20, 2014 1:15 PM in response to MaxLarg

You have your US billing address on your account ? If you still have your UK address then you will need to change it to your US address, you have to be here in the UK to use the UK store.

Changing country : Change the country of your iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store, and Mac App Store account.

For your card, on your computer's iTunes you should be able to edit/remove your payment info by going into the Store > View Account menu option and logging into your account, and on your account's details page there should be a payment link. If you are doing it on your phone then tap on your id in Settings > iTunes & App Store and tap on 'View Apple ID' on the popup and log into your account - that should also give you a payments link on your account's page.

Changing payment info : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1918

If you don't get the 'none' option on the payment details screen : http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5366

Oct 21, 2014 12:27 AM in response to MaxLarg

And have you added your US payment details ? From the last link in my above reply :

If you changed your country or region

When you change the country or region of an existing Apple ID, you must provide a payment method and update your billing options. If you want to remove your payment method after you change the country or region, you can change your payment information to None.

how to change ur account from using visa card to iTunes card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.