Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2g,3g,4g option still missing after iOS 8.1 update on iphone 6

i just updated my iphone 6 to iOS 8.1 after seeing that it will add the 2g,3g toggle back. But even after updating it the toggle is still missing. Can't change from 3g to 2g

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 20, 2014 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2014 1:32 PM

Where are you located and who is your phone carrier?

You may need to wait for your carrier update.

45 replies

Oct 20, 2014 1:44 PM in response to Divjot29

Yes it is. The ability to change these settings is based on the carrier. Apple has done their update, now the carrier needs to do theirs. I have read other posters claiming that Airtel has posted an update. Whether you remember a carrier update in the past or not is not relevant. Use the link I provided to check for the carrier update, and if it is not available, then check with your carrier.

Oct 7, 2016 11:27 AM in response to Divjot29

Hi Chris,

same with me too. Iam also an Airtel customer but was not able to find any setting to get the toggle. Even spoke to Airtel customer care but it looks like they are not that educated to help us with this issue. They are simply saying that since I have 3G enabled I can't have 2g toggle

Oct 24, 2014 2:48 AM in response to Divjot29

Yesterday i updated my iphone 5S to iOS 8.1 after seeing that it will add the 2g,3g toggle back. But even after updating it the toggle is still missing. Blame my carrier which is AIRTEL as i can see the missing toggle after i put IDEA sim in my same handset. I am in Delhi.

AIRTEL should release carrier update asap to provide that 2G/3G/LTE toggle button as they have poorest 3G signals in Delhi.

Oct 24, 2014 8:07 AM in response to rk2tiger

rk2tiger wrote:

Blame my carrier which is AIRTEL as i can see the missing toggle after i put IDEA sim in my same handset. I am in Delhi.

AIRTEL should release carrier update asap to provide that 2G/3G/LTE toggle button as they have poorest 3G signals in Delhi.

Thank goodness! Finally a post from someone with common sense. They understand this is not an Apple issue, but a carrier issue. 🙂

Oct 25, 2014 11:41 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

according to this link, its still apples fault. just Look at it.

only the third carrier group has the 3g button... only carriers that have no lte yet.

so what should they do? "yay **** lte and volte, we spent billions of Dollars but who

cares"?

plz Apple just insert a Button to turn off 3G.

the only other solution is jailbreaking and i dont want to jailbreak my iphone.

2g,3g,4g option still missing after iOS 8.1 update on iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.