Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud not importing All contacts exported as a vCard from Contacts

Been having all sorts of issues with disappearing records.

I cleaned the iCloud and tried importing All Contacts from a vCard file made from Contacts.

The error message claims that I have "invalid data," how can that be?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10), 13" MacBookPro8,1 - 2.7 GHz

Posted on Oct 20, 2014 2:16 PM

4 replies

Oct 21, 2014 3:04 PM in response to Randall White

Hi Randall,

did you get that error message when importing the contacts on icloud.com or in the Contacts app on your mac?

I had the same issue today when trying to import contacts on icloud.com although I did not exceed any of the limits listed on the support article you indicated (iCloud: Limits for Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, and Bookmarks).

You said you had all kinds of issues with "records disappearing". Was that similar to what I described here (errors when saving contacts locally and syncing them between MacBook and iCloud)?

Did you find any way to fix it?

Best,

Tim

Oct 21, 2014 3:20 PM in response to TinyTim03

Tim,

Yes we have similar issues.

What would be good is to have some sort of logging methodology, like in good databases, that show what changes are made to a particular record and how they were made. When you try to fix an issue with Time Machine, It loses all records that you created and modified after the System corrupted your contacts. This has been a perennial issue with Mail and Contacts going back over ten years.

Wish there was a solution

RAW

Oct 22, 2014 8:25 AM in response to Randall White

RAW,

has moving back with Time Machine before the point the contacts were corrupted solved the problem for you?

I guess I would have to go back before the Yosemite update... So not sure whether that would do much good...

With all the iCloud-sync issues here in the forum, I get the feeling the problem is related to the Yosemite update or the introduction of iCloud drive and associated changes in the iCloud platform. I guess I need to wait for an update, right?

Best,

Tim

iCloud not importing All contacts exported as a vCard from Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.