Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12 Get Info dialog spacebar problem

I'm finding that in the new iTunes, when I put in a composer name or band name (etc.) in the Get Info dialogue, if there is a space everything goes wrong.

For instance: I'm trying to type "John Lennon" under Composer.

I type "John " [note the space]

But then it automatically selects the alphabetically-earliest "John " from a drop-down list (John 5, the guitarist for Marilyn Manson, which is really not quite the same thing) and immediately closes the text box.

Is there a way to make it stop doing this drop-down list? It's not a great hardship to type "John Lennon" so I'd rather not have to select from the drop-down every time, and if the second part of the name is not already on the list it's very difficult to get it typed in in one go (and if it's something like "John Lee Hooker" you're REALLY in trouble).

Posted on Oct 20, 2014 2:04 PM

4 replies

Oct 20, 2014 2:43 PM in response to mikhaw20

This Is absolutely ridiculous. iTunes seems to have imported everything iv ever searched into the suggestion box. When Im trying to rename ACDC album 'Flick Of The Switch' i getting 'Flick Rugby' once I press the space bar. The New update is pleasing to the eye, but simple changes like the one described make it so frustrating.

Oct 20, 2014 11:21 PM in response to mikhaw20

I have this same issue. The only workaround that seems to work consistently is to enter a space before anything else, fill out the information, then go back and delete the first space. It's an annoying oversight, but I've gotten used to hitting space, filling out the info, pressing home, and pressing delete.

I'd appreciate a fix - it's incredibly annoying for any band with a space in the title autocorrecting to the wrong information.

iTunes 12 Get Info dialog spacebar problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.