Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Volume Resets automatically after Yosemite

After upgrading to Yosemite 10.10, my system volume keeps resetting itself to a very high level. I turn it down, play one song on iTunes, then when I select another song, the volume is up over half. This happens on other apps besides ITunes. I use a Apogee Quartet USB interface for audio playback, and Yosemite keeps changing the speaker volume. I've tried changing system preferences but no luck. Thanks for any suggestions. This did not happen before Yosemite.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Oct 20, 2014 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2014 8:30 PM

I'll answer my own question. I found that this problem was not occurring on my laptop, only on the desktop machine. I use an Apogee Quartet interface for recording with Logic. On the Apogee site they had a firmware and a software update for compatibility with Yosemite. I installed these updates and all is well.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2014 8:30 PM in response to Song Dog

I'll answer my own question. I found that this problem was not occurring on my laptop, only on the desktop machine. I use an Apogee Quartet interface for recording with Logic. On the Apogee site they had a firmware and a software update for compatibility with Yosemite. I installed these updates and all is well.

Volume Resets automatically after Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.