Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes radio is stuttering

iTunes radio is stuttering while playing. Not every song but many. Is occurring after updating software also.

HELP.

Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Oct 20, 2014 4:31 PM

5 replies

Apr 5, 2015 8:03 PM in response to Kelbo4424

For what it's worth, I've been having this problem for days. It happens on my iPhone as well as my MacBook Pro running both Mavericks (10.9.5) and Yosemite (the latest). iTunes is the only app running, and I have 20MB+ bandwidth on my ISP. Don't get it, but the radio is almost completely unlistenable.

Am I the only one noticing this?

If you'd like to hear just how bad it is, I recorded it here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/48462311/iTunes%20Stuttering.m4a

This is on Yosemite 10.10.3, using iTunes 12.1.0.50.

Apr 16, 2015 3:21 PM in response to Kelbo4424

I am having the same stuttering radio playback, from the 12.1.2 upgrade, on my iMac running Yosemite and my MacBook Pro running Mavericks with iTunes 12.1.0. Only when selecting iTunes' Featured Radio Stations does the stuttering occur. Plays and stops every couple seconds. If I select Internet Radio, those stations seem to play without the stutter.

I had not played iTunes music for a number of months. Prior use was with earlier versions of iTunes that did not have the Featured Radio stations. Never had a problem with those version, but that was using Internet Radio stations in iTunes. Pandora and Spotlight play their songs without any stutter.

So, I guess, until Apple engineers provide a solution, I will play iTunes Internet Radio stations and Pandora and Spotlight. Evidently, Apple customer service does not care if its customer don't pay for the extra Featured Radio Station options, nor purchase featured songs, since we cannot listen to the songs without them being constantly interrupted by pauses.

If anyone finds a solution, please post.

iTunes radio is stuttering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.