Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't place iPhone call from Mac (can receive calls though)

-MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013) with Yosemite (10.10)

-iPhone 5 with iOS 8.1

Both use same iCloud account and same FaceTime account. Both have 'iPhone Cellular Calls' enabled under FaceTime settings.

I cannot place an outgoing call from my Mac. I've been getting an error 'iPhone Calls Not Available. Your iPhone must use the same iCloud and FaceTime account' but it does indeed..

I tried to reboot both devices, signed out/in iCloud, played with the toggle-switches - still nothing. Though when I am receiving an incoming call on iPhone - I can take it on Mac.

The only idea I have - my cellular provider is not supported by Apple FaceTime server so I've been using only AppleID to place FaceTime calls (no phone number used) and it's been working fine up to now. But if you go into FaceTime settings of my iPhone you see 'Activation unsuccessful.'

Can anyone confirm if you can place calls from Mac with having FaceTime activated only by AppleID (no cellular phone number) on your iPhone?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 20, 2014 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2014 7:00 PM

I was able to get it worked after enabling iMessage/FaceTime with my phone number. This issue made me to find out a way to do that -)

In case you are with WIND (Canada) here is the solution to activate FaceTime:

http://www.theonlinemac.com/wind

1 reply

Can't place iPhone call from Mac (can receive calls though)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.