Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

¿Why sms and cell calls doesn't work on mac?

I downloaded iOS 8.1 and have yosemite OS installed in my mac. i have tried to use the calls and sms feature but none of this works.

In the calls when i try to call someone a message pops up saying that i must have an iphone and a mac with the same iCloud and FaceTime account. But the devices that i'm using do have the same accounts and still does't work!!

I have noticed that my phone number does't appear with a check and that in the FaceTime of my iphone a message down the switch to activates says "waiting for activation", but i can still make normal FaceTime calls. does this have something to do? how do i fix it? i have tried to reset the settings but everything is still the same.

In the sms feature the same message "waiting for activation" is down the iMessage title, i can send iMessages but when i try to activate sms a message says "enter the code displayed on the other device" but the code in my mac never shows up. What's the problem here? i have also tried to reset the settings and rebooting the devices but it's the same. Does this has to do with my phone number being unchecked? the problem is that i can't check it, the opti

Please help me.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 20, 2014 4:55 PM

1 reply

Oct 26, 2014 5:25 PM in response to AaronM94

Hello...

The SMS Relay and Phone Calls only work with a Mac device with Bluetooth 4.0 and later. If you want to see if your device has this, click on the Apple menu in the Menu Bar and choose About this Mac. A window then comes up with device information. Click System Report. On the sidebar, choose Bluetooth. At the top of the window it says Apple Bluetooth Software Version. If the number next to it is less than 4.0, your Mac device is too old. If it is above 4.0, your internet connection may have problems. User uploaded fileAlso if it says No next to Handoff supported, one of the devices is too old.

Good luck 🙂

¿Why sms and cell calls doesn't work on mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.