Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photo Library doesn't upload all photos in Camera Roll

I have only an iPhone, and when I enable iCloud Photos, only the last 10 photos in my Camera Roll are uploaded, and the upload progress freezes. In Settings, the progress bar goes away completely, and I only see those last 10 photos when I go to iCloud.com.

Tried restarting the phone and turning off and on, but no other photos get uploaded.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 20, 2014 6:25 PM

10 replies

Oct 21, 2014 9:24 AM in response to DoctorKrabs

Since the "iCloud Photo Library" is in beta right now, any reports of problems are needed by APPLE SUPPORT ... in order for them to work on the beta and get to a final release. It's during a "beta release" that the developer will receive notifications from the "beta testers" of the various problems that they have. SO ... you as a "beta tester" are important for helping Apple get to that final release!

Contact Apple Support and see how they want to file this for the developers. And since this is NOT Apple Support here and since we as users are NOT the developers, we cannot really do anything to assist in that, other than us providing the same type of information to Apple ...

Apple Support

http://www.apple.com/support/

Oct 21, 2014 11:00 AM in response to gsl1956

It doesn't seem bad to me, though ...

My Photo Stream upload limits

The My Photo Stream limits below are based on anticipated upload patterns. My Photo Stream upload limits are as follows:

• Uploads to My Photo Stream per hour: 1000 photos
  • Uploads to My Photo Stream per day: 10,000 photos
  • Uploads to My Photo Stream per month: 25,000 photos

If you exceed one of these limits, your uploads to My Photo Stream will pause temporarily and you might see a notification on your device. Your uploads will resume automatically when you no longer exceed the limit, such as in the following hour or on the following day.

iCloud Photo Sharing limits

These are the iCloud Photo Sharing hourly and daily limits:

• Maximum combined number of photos and videos from all contributors per shared stream, per hour: 1000
  • Maximum combined number of photos and videos from all contributors per shared stream, per day: 10,000

These sharing limits are separate from the upload limits above. For example, in the same day you could upload 10,000 photos to My Photo Stream, then share those 10,000 photos or 10,000 other photos.Some additional limits for shared photo stream usage:

• Maximum shared streams an owner can share: 100
  • Maximum shared streams a user can subscribe to: 100
  • Maximum subscribers per shared stream: 100 (the number of subscribers on each shared stream)
  • Maximum combined number of photos and videos from all contributors in any one shared stream album: 5000
  • Maximum number of comments per photo or video in a shared stream: 200 (a comment can be either a Like or a text entry)
  • Maximum characters per comment: 200
  • Maximum number of invites a shared stream owner may send per day: 200

Oct 21, 2014 2:17 PM in response to Star Traveler

I don't think it's an issue of them limiting me. If I delete everything from the iCloud library from iCloud.com and re-enable it on the phone, the same photos get uploaded. It only uploads pictures I took since 10/16.

If my iCloud library is empty, every single photo from the phone should get uploaded to iCloud. I don't know why it isn't working.

Oct 21, 2014 2:41 PM in response to Star Traveler

Update to my original post. I have in around 20 minutes uploaded all my photos currently on my iPhone.

i am not 100% sure of what resolved it but it was on of two things Or both.

I Deleted the next photo after the last one that was uploaded in case it was stuck and secondly i opened up the Photos App on the Iphone and I could visibly see via the data cog turning that activity was happening but only when photos and All Photos was open. I thought that it uploaded quietly in the background but maybe not. Maybe it is supposed to but however all photos quickly uploaded which I verified by logging into photos on iCloud.com. I also managed to transfer older photos onto my iPhone via the photo sync app and then uploaded those too. It's early days and clearly much work needs to be done and I am sure lots of big plans are in the making and numerous options especially on photos on iCloud.com will be introduced especially when it integrates with the new iPhoto software/app next year. Just can't wait.

I hope this helps some others.

Oct 21, 2014 2:42 PM in response to DoctorKrabs

Update to my original post. I have in around 20 minutes uploaded all my photos currently on my iPhone.

i am not 100% sure of what resolved it but it was on of two things Or both.

I Deleted the next photo after the last one that was uploaded in case it was stuck and secondly i opened up the Photos App on the Iphone and I could visibly see via the data cog turning that activity was happening but only when photos and All Photos was open. I thought that it uploaded quietly in the background but maybe not. Maybe it is supposed to but however all photos quickly uploaded which I verified by logging into photos on iCloud.com. I also managed to transfer older photos onto my iPhone via the photo sync app and then uploaded those too. It's early days and clearly much work needs to be done and I am sure lots of big plans are in the making and numerous options especially on photos on iCloud.com will be introduced especially when it integrates with the new iPhoto software/app next year. Just can't wait.

I hope this helps some others.

iCloud Photo Library doesn't upload all photos in Camera Roll

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.