Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Cellular Calls Option disappeared in iOS 8.1

Hello,

In iOS 8.02 there used to be an option in Settings>FaceTime called "iPhone Cellular Calls" to allow to receive/make calls on Mac and iPad

noticed that with 8.1 the menu has disappeared....

Anybody experienced similar issues on not being able to receive/make calls anymore on your mac ?

Thanks

VK

Posted on Oct 20, 2014 8:49 PM

8 replies

Oct 21, 2014 4:42 AM in response to vk2109

Same thing happened to me. I turned off my 5s, restarted it, and still, there was nothing for maybe a good 5-10 seconds. Afterwards, I heard the text notification sound (no new messages though), and saw my Mac's facetime preferences suddenly display a new option "iPhone Cellular Calls". Checked back on my iPhone and surely enough, it was there again. This was quite the oddity, really.

Nov 15, 2014 1:46 PM in response to Matt Adam Williams

Matt, I had the same thing happen to me. My iMac, MacBook Air, iPad Air, and iPhone 5S all seemingly had the Phone Cellular Calls option disappear. No trace in the FaceTime preferences in the Macs or the iOS devices.

I fixed this by doing a complete restart on the iPhone (e.g., hold down the Power and Home keys until the white Apple logo appears). Once the phone came back on-line, the iPhone Cellular Calls option appeared in the FaceTime Preferences. I did a reset on the iPad too and the option came back there as well. Once the phone was reset, the cellular calls option also magically appeared in the Face Time preferences on the Macs (all devices signed into the same iCloud account and on the same Wifi network).

So do a restart on your phone. Hope this helps others as well.

Dec 8, 2014 12:32 PM in response to JRHarvey01

JRHarvey, have you checked the basics:

Phone calls

With Continuity, you can make and receive cellular phone calls from your iPad, iPod touch, or Mac when your iPhone is on the same Wi-Fi network.

To make and receive phone calls, here's what you need:

1. Sign in to the same iCloud account on all your devices, including your Mac.
  2. Your iPhone and your iPad or iPod touch need to use iOS 8 or later. Your Mac needs to use OS X Yosemite.
  3. All devices must be on the same Wi-Fi network.
  4. All devices must be signed in to FaceTime using the same iCloud account. This means any device that shares your Apple ID will get your phone calls. Look below for instructions on how to turn off iPhone cellular calls.
  5. Wi-Fi Calling needs to be off. Go to Settings > Phone. If you see Wi-Fi Calling, turn it off.

iPhone Cellular Calls Option disappeared in iOS 8.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.