Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS8 downgrade caused Siri to now keep asking "just to confirm, you want to call" on every call request. Anyone else having this annoying issue?

Ever since I made the mistake of moving to iOS 8 on my iPhone 5s, whenever I use Siri to place a phone call, I get "Just to confirm, you want to call <enter name>?" It's driving me crazy! I've resorted to disabling Siri and just using the native Voice Control, which works flawlessly for making phone calls, but not so well for other functions. I tried wiping my phone and restoring from a backup, but no luck with that. Apple doesn't seem to want to help since it's not a widely reported issue. I've also noticed that incoming calls don't connect on my car's bluetooth, when that was never a problem. Also, outgoing calls no longer make any sounds. i never know if the call dropped, the phone bricked, or the call was answered unless the other person says something. If only I could go back to iOS 7!!!

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 20, 2014 8:08 PM

17 replies

Oct 21, 2014 11:06 AM in response to taengle2

I have 20+ users on various iPhone versions running ios 8.0+ and they are all having this same issue with Siri saying "Just to confirm you'd like to call...." every time you use her for voice dialing.

I'm contacting apple technical support to report it as a bug... it occurs on my new iphone 6+ running 8.1 as well.. either it is a new "feature" or a major bug that is annoying as heck!!

Oct 21, 2014 11:52 AM in response to taengle2

For some reason this only seems to happen on majority of the contacts... not all - and the number trick to fix the issue -- no longer works! Also have tried to reset all settings as well as reboot/restart the phone a few hundred times... NO DICE!…

STILL HAVE THE SAME EXACT ISSUE - SIRI CONFIRMS 99% OF THE PEOPLE YOU ASK HER TO CALL -- EVEN THOUGH I CAN TELL HER TO TEXT MESSAGE SOMEONE, AND IT WORKS FINE!

Nov 23, 2014 12:08 PM in response to taengle2

I, too, had been suffering through Siri's relentless need to confirm calls that recently she (heh!) just called.

Applecare support told me to backup and restore from that backup. I balked at the need to spend so much time reloading my music and docs, and also asked what good would it do to replace the phone's data with a copy of what was there after the problems began.

"Good question." was the reply. No answer, though.

I told her I had to go, hung up, turned Siri off and back on, and the problem disappeared. It's been nearly 72 hours and all's well.

Of course, YMMV, but it's painless and worth a shot.

I hope it works for you, too. And I hope Apple will better train their advisors to give more informed advice.

Regards,

Maurice

Jan 28, 2015 6:37 PM in response to taengle2

I had tried all possible solutions: telling her to stop saying it, putting contacts in Favorites, changing phone # & changing it back.

The only thing I have found to work is by giving contacts a nickname or relationship. For example, if I say "call Jay C***", she asked to confirm. But if I say "call my husband" she just calls him without confirming. You have to tell her, though, what the relationship is.

Mar 16, 2015 12:53 PM in response to taengle2

OK - I was so angry when Siri began to confirm every call made by asking "Just to confirm, you would like to call ????????" (unless they were in my contact Favorites) that I had to find the answer to this Major Pain and here it is:

I am not 100% sure what caused this to begin with - Possibly restoring a backup from an iPhone 4S to a new iPhone 6!?

Here is what I did to resolve this issue for every contact that I performed the below on:

Open your contacts and edit the contact phone number by simply adding a "1" to the end of it (i.e. from (352) 555-1212 to 35255512121) and save it. Edit the contact again and simply remove the "1' from the end of the phone number and save again.

Now when you ask Siri to call that contact number, you are not asked to confirm the call.

Somewhat time consuming but it has worked on all contacts that I have performed the above on.

May 15, 2015 10:45 AM in response to taengle2

I too am experiencing the annoying confirming when placing a call via Siri. I have my wife's full name listed.. If I say.. Call Yvette Little- Mobile, I get from Siri, just to confirm, you would like to call Yvette Little".. Now if I use the "related name" like Call my Wife- Mobile, I don't get asked to confirm. I have my sister setup with her full name and "related name" = "Sister". Whether I say her full name and or the "related name" I don't get asked to confirm. This enhancement need some tweeking.

iOS8 downgrade caused Siri to now keep asking "just to confirm, you want to call" on every call request. Anyone else having this annoying issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.