Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12 total garbage!!!! How do I roll back to iTunes 11

Installed iTunes 12.....big mistake.

I want to roll back to iTunes 11. How?????

Why doesn't Apple fix the bugs that are plaguing iTunes and stop trying to fix the stuff that is working fine. Major regrets after upgrading to Yosemite!!

If Apple continue messing up with the stuff that works while neglecting the actual issues at hand am going to find myself buying a PC with MS Windows on it very soon and just saying that is very very sad

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 20, 2014 9:54 PM

24 replies

Oct 21, 2014 6:08 AM in response to jeroen.keppens

I regret having upgraded to 12.0.1. Changes to navigation are anything but "intuitive" and appear to have been unnecessary. I too miss the side bar, as well as the the categories (music, movies, TV, Podcasts, etc.) that had been prominently displayed across the top of the home page. Worse is the fact that it hangs up a lot. I tried to access my recent purchases list after signing into my account three times. I'd make it to the account overview page but the page would freeze when I clicked on "see all". After less than a minute, I'd get the message that my access had timed out. I'd gladly go back to the previous version but it was my impression from the Apple Security Updates page that upgrade was recommended for security purposes.

Oct 23, 2014 6:41 AM in response to goldbug_007

I am furious .. Have a windows machine at work which manages manually my main iphone. I have a 128gb iphone 6 filled with music for work. I have 2TB of music in itunes I am constantly swapping out music for a gig to the iphone. Now there is no column browser in itunes for connected devices. Its there for the itunes library on my computer. I cannot now survey easily the collection on the iphone to swap out what I need.. This is killing me

As a side note if you have lost your left pane nave bar select the view option of playlists and it will come back. BUT it is the ugliest font I ever saw and hard to read. Apple has really lost it here. Do they show this crap to anyone before they launch?!!?!?! I need a roll back to 11 too. Please post a link APPLE

Nov 1, 2014 10:13 PM in response to Jollypumper

Oh wonderful, I've just added some new videos and discovered that I can no longer drag and drop an image/photo/thumbnail straight off the internet like I used to with the previous iTunes versions. I Loved that simple and easy to use function......but that's not all, after saving the image to my hard drive and trying to add artwork to the video that doesn't work either. iTunes 12 has RUINED my video collection. PLEX here I come!!!!

I have to hold back my comments about the people who work at Apple as I've had numerous rants deleted! So much for Apple wanting to hear what people are really thinking about their product. Guess positive feedback is welcomed but anything negative is censored.

Hmmm how long will this post be up before Apple deletes it.....if only the folks at Apple could be so proactive with their releases instead of breaking the parts that work well

Nov 2, 2014 1:11 PM in response to Lourufmom

You are right on with all your observations. Apple seems to have also ignored basic rules of graphic display, for example:

User uploaded file

This is from the podcasts "tab". As you can see, they've inserted a decorative gradient that TOTALLY OBSCURES the text and controls to the right of the podcast image. There's a different gradient for each podcast, so some of them are legible and usable. I can almost find this laughable. Almost.

It was only just today that figured out how to get back to my itunes content from the itunes store.

Nov 2, 2014 10:12 PM in response to Jollypumper

I just saw a download for version 11.4 over on Tom's Hardware. I'm going to give that a try.

Steve Jobs must be spinning in his grave. I can't believe a total piece of crap like iTunes 12 actually came from Apple. I want the side bar back! I want the old Get Info editor. Can't even drag and drop images into the cover art for movies and TV shows any more, and the cover art for TV shows will not show up on my iPad. But most of all, I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SYNC MY MUSIC TO MY IPHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing will copy to my phone, no matter what I do - turned iTunes Match completely off, reinitialized the phone, NOTHING!

This ridiculous crap makes me want to sell my 5S and buy an S5!

iTunes 12 total garbage!!!! How do I roll back to iTunes 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.