Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 Plus with IOS8.1 Keeps restarting when making outgoing calls via yosemite desktop

Hi,

I'm using a 2013 MBA upgraded to the latest Yosemite OS X. My iPhone 6+ is running IOS 8.1.

I had set up the sms relay and cellular calls connection. Most run as advertised. However, I do observe a peculiar occurrence when making outgoing calls from the desktop which I will like to check if anyone is facing a similar situation and if there is a solution to it.

When making outgoing calls from the desktop, the iPhone keeps restarting. I keep seeing the white screen with the black apple logo. Once it goes into the main screen, it restarted again and again and again for the duration of the call. During the whole time, the call is uninterrupted and clear.

Is anyone else facing this situation? I look around and seems like i'm the only one. While it does not affect the function, it means I cannot use the phone while making an outgoing call on yosemite because its constantly restarting.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1, MBA 2013 Yosemite

Posted on Oct 20, 2014 9:04 PM

4 replies

Oct 26, 2014 9:11 PM in response to Marcus Ong

Solved the problem.

Its the "Call Audio Routing" under Accessibility. It should be put on automatic.

I had mine selected under headset as i cannot pick up call using my BT headset previously.

(that was also resolved in IOS 8.1)

Just a point to note on Apple'e technical support. They only asked you to reset the settings or restore the phone as new....Its always one of these 2 steps.

The support staff who called me did not seems very knowledgable and also did not read up the case file before calling. Quite disappointing there.

Iphone 6 Plus with IOS8.1 Keeps restarting when making outgoing calls via yosemite desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.