Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to transfer contacts from Android to Iphone 6 plus

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 21, 2014 3:15 AM

22 replies

Feb 20, 2017 3:36 PM in response to keshavfrompune

Hi there,

Set up your email on your iphone.

On your android open contacts, open the option and select "send namecard" ir something like this.

Then select "email". This wil take you to a new maul to send. Enter your email that is om your iphone and send this to that email.

Now on your iphone you wil recieve the email with an attatchment, open the attatchment and it wil show you all your contacts with an "add contacts" option. Select this and all your contacts wil be transferred.

Good luck

Jul 26, 2017 5:20 PM in response to keshavfrompune

Here are the following steps that I used to transfer my contacts from my android phone to my iPhone 5S:

1. Go to contact and export your address book to the android device

2. Connect your phone to your computer and copy the .vcf file on it

3. Create a new e-mail and send the e-mail to the address that it is configured on your iPhone device

4. Attach the .vcf file and send the e-mail

5. Go to your iPhone and look for that e-mail

6. Once you found it, open the attachment and upload the contact to your address book

That is all.

This should probably work for any iPhones that can recognize a .vcf file.

Sep 20, 2017 9:26 AM in response to keshavfrompune

Option 1: Assuming you have google account with your android device, technically all of your contacts should be there.

- Go to Iphone - settings > contacts > accounts > add account, here you can select the account you want to grab the contacts from.

- Go back to the accounts page and fetch new data.

Option 2: assuming you transferred your old sim from android device to iphone, your contacts might be saved on your sim card. Go to Iphone - settings > contacts, and click on 'Import SIM contacts'

Dec 22, 2014 9:09 PM in response to keshavfrompune

1. Open the Settings application on your iPhone.
  2. Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
  3. Select Add Account...
  4. Select Other
  5. Select Add CardDAV Account
  6. Fill out your account information in the following fields:
  7. Server: Enter "google.com"
  8. User Name: Enter your full Google Account or Google Apps email address.
  9. Password: Your Google Account or Google Apps password. (If you’ve enabled 2 Step verification, you’ll need to generate and enter an application specific password.)
  10. Description: Enter a description of the account (e.g. Personal Contacts).
  11. Select Next at the top of your screen.
  12. Make sure that the "Contacts" option is turned to ON.

Got this from http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iphone/transfer-contacts-music-photos-apps-from -android-iphone-3459466/

Dec 22, 2014 11:42 PM in response to keshavfrompune

I upgraded from an Samsung S4 to iPhone 6 Plus, I don't like to run iTunes, and iCloud backup is not so reliable, I think. Then I searched on the Internet, and some articles told me that I can directly transfer data from Phone to iPhone with some tools.

I doubt it first, then I gave a shot on one of them for the free trial. I follow the steps to transfer about 20 photos from my S4 to 6 Plus, and it works!

http://www.cultofmac.com/296711/transfer-data-new-iphone-6-imazing/

Aug 1, 2015 7:37 PM in response to keshavfrompune

Hi,

Here are the following steps that I used to transfer my contacts from my android phone to my iPhone 5S:

1. Go to contact and export your address book to the android device

2. Connect your phone to your computer and copy the .vcf file on it

3. Create a new e-mail and send the e-mail to the address that it is configured on your iPhone device

4. Attach the .vcf file and send the e-mail

5. Go to your iPhone and look for that e-mail

6. Once you found it, open the attachment and upload the contact to your address book

That is all.

This should probably work for any iPhones that can recognize a .vcf file.

Cristian

Sep 17, 2015 9:03 PM in response to keshavfrompune

Personally, I like to use Gmail account to do that. If you have an Android already, you probably also have a Google account—or a Gmail account, now the same thing—which will make this quite simple. If you don't have a Gmail account, create one: you'll need it to get the most out of your Android anyway. Once that is set up, go to "Settings" on your old Android phone, then "Accounts," and select "Google." This will give you a list of items to sync, including your calendar and Drive documents. Select "Contacts" and anything else you would like to transfer. Check "Sync Now," and your data will be saved in Google's servers. And you can log in your Google account on your iPhone to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone 6.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.