Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having multiple threads in ios 8.1 with the same people in a group message.

When I send an imessage out to a group, some of the group responses will come back through a different message with all the same people. This just means I have 3-4 different threads in my messages with all of the same people. It's also difficult to read if I get multiple and check them at a later time because I have to see when they came through to piece the conversation together. Anyone else?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 21, 2014 7:26 AM

2 replies

Oct 24, 2014 7:52 AM in response to mollyh7

Hello mollyh7,

I would start with checking the your settings in Settings > Messages and as long as Group Messages is turned on you are good. But also keep in mind that if anyone else in the group does not have this enabled then it does throw everything off. Take a look at the article below for more information.

Send a group message with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5760

Regards,

-Norm G.

Oct 24, 2014 2:59 PM in response to mollyh7

I have the same problem where sometimes (in group messages with all iOS users) that a separate group is created with the same exact people for no apparent reason.

I have taken steps to rebuild my phone from scratch on iOS8.02. The problem exists on iOS 8.00, 8.02, and now still when using 8.1.

I believe it to be a server side issue. There is also a new phenomenon whereby some members of a group message thread do not receive some of the messages.

Having multiple threads in ios 8.1 with the same people in a group message.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.