Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple map application keeps crashing on iphone

I have an iPhone 5s. After I installed iOS 8 (and then 8.1) the Apple Map application and anything associated with it keeps crashes. If someone checks in on facebook, my facebook crashes. If someone sends me their location via text, the text crashes. I can't use OpenTable because that uses Apple Map App. Google maps is fine.

Any thoughts?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 21, 2014 7:26 AM

7 replies

Oct 28, 2014 2:22 AM in response to TampaMatt

I was able to fix the problem on my phone. I had to "Reset All Settings" from the Settings -> General -> Reset menu. (NOT "Reset All Content and Settings", just "Reset All Settings) This reset all phone settings including wallpapers, Wifi passwords, touch ID/passcode settings, etc. But left all my photos and applications untouched. It fixed whatever issue was preventing the maps (and all related applications) application from working. Your mileage may vary - good luck.

Nov 11, 2014 4:13 PM in response to jacksonmoore

I completed "delete all settings" but Maps still kept on crashing afterwards. After the reset of all settings was complete, I went to Settings>Display & Brightness>View> and changed from standard to zoomed and my Apple Maps started to work, I went back to Settings>Display & Brightness>View> again and changed to "Standard" view and maps was still working.

Thanks for the tip!

Mar 1, 2015 11:00 AM in response to prostovanka

Thank you so much! Didn't know the solution was this simple. Many apps that use Apple Maps as their inbedded map engine will crash as well. I was so frustrated and it seems that not many people have this problem. You saved me from hours of time wasted in restoration! How on earth did you figure this out? Anyways, you're the best, and I hope everyone who has the same problem sees this before they do a full backup!

Mar 1, 2015 11:01 AM in response to prostovanka

Thank you so much! Didn't know the solution was this simple. Many apps that use Apple Maps as their inbedded map engine will crash as well. I was so frustrated and it seems that not many people have this problem. You saved me from hours of time wasted in restoration! How on earth did you figure this out? Anyways, you're the best, and I hope everyone who has the same problem sees this before they do a full backup!

Edit

Apple map application keeps crashing on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.