Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 won't backup to icloud

Since purchase, my phone will not backup to the cloud - manually or automatically. Anyone else have this problem? What was your resolution?

Overnight when plugged in...it fails. get a message stating that phone has not been backed up. When trying to process manually, phone stays in "estimating" mode indefinitely..never stops. Have to manually cancel after HOURS...

iPhone 6, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Oct 21, 2014 7:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2014 5:06 PM

I am having the exact same problem!!! I am still on the IOS 8.0.0, and was hoping the update might fix it. I was going to update tonight, but I see that you are on IOS 8.0.2, so now I know that it won't........ I hope someone has a resolution. Mine will not connect to bluetooth either, but that's a separate issue.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2014 5:06 PM in response to mom2mom

I am having the exact same problem!!! I am still on the IOS 8.0.0, and was hoping the update might fix it. I was going to update tonight, but I see that you are on IOS 8.0.2, so now I know that it won't........ I hope someone has a resolution. Mine will not connect to bluetooth either, but that's a separate issue.

Jan 6, 2015 2:22 AM in response to mom2mom

I had the same problem on my iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2: Last backup could not be completed

Last backup: Never

When I checked in Settings\iCloud\Storage\manage Storage\This iPhone\Latest backup was shown as Incomplete

I have deleted backup (on the same page on the bottom)

Since that, I have been able to Backup my iPhone6 to iCloud with no problems.

Jan 23, 2015 3:56 PM in response to stevefromstockholm

I tried EVERYTHING listed above and nothing worked. Finally found a forum where a tech guy suggested rebooting the phone (holding down the home button and the power button at the same time until the white apple icon appears). Did this and the very first back-up I tried after that worked!! FYI: I saw many others on that forum who said that was the only way to correct this problem.

Jan 23, 2015 4:01 PM in response to Soodanim

I tried EVERYTHING listed above and nothing worked. Finally found a forum where a tech guy suggested rebooting the phone (holding down the home button and the power button at the same time until the white apple icon appears). Did this and the very first back-up I tried after that worked!! I saw many others on that forum who said that was the only way to correct this problem.

FYI: Re-booting does not erase anything from your phone or change your settings in any way!

Jan 6, 2016 5:57 PM in response to mom2mom

Okay, I have read over all the posts, search other site for resolving this issue, tried all the recommendations and still my backup fails. I can you iTunes to backup to my computer via the USB connection, but WIFI backup to the cloud fails every time. I have an iPhone 6 Plus on the latest iOS 9.2 (13C75), verizon network, WIFI to my router with 8 - 9 mbs download, but only 600 - 700 kbs upload. Besides that, it use to work early, only after the latest iOS updates it fails sometimes fast, other times after 5 - 15 mins. I have deleted the old iCloud backup, manage storage, by un-checking everything and trying again, once again without success!!! I even deleted my iPad backups, still no success. My iPad backups up, FYI. Need help, so when I need my backup, I will have one.

iphone 6 won't backup to icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.