Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store Loading Indefinitely after Yosemite Upgrade

Hello,

After the Yosemite upgrade, I cannot get the app store to actually load. It just perpetually spins the loading icon next to the < > buttons. I see that I have pending upgrades.

I've tried different internet connections, coffee shops, is there a workaround? I really don't want to "restore" my OS unless I have to.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 21, 2014 7:15 AM

3 replies

Oct 24, 2014 7:24 AM in response to squarecircles

Hi squarecircles,

It seems that you are experiencing some issues with the App Store in Yosemite. I have a couple of articles for you that should be able to help you address this issue:

OS X: "Cannot connect" or "Cannot connect to the App Store. An internet connection is required"

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5202

Mac App Store: Solve problems

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH11501

Take care, and thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities.

-Braden

Oct 25, 2014 1:38 PM in response to squarecircles

I had similar problems.

I noticed that there where a lot of other applications than App store that were struggling with internet connectivity as well. I was using Wifi at the time.

So I thought; maybe its not a problem with the apps, but with the Wifi.. Sure enough, as soon as i plugged my laptop into the router with a cable, everything worked a 100%.

When I switched back to wifi, it went back to the previous crappy state.

But it seems like I managed to fix this as well, while being connected to Wifi and no cable:

-Go to System preferences

-Network

-On the top of the window, there is a drop down menu for switching "location".

-Select Automatic

And that did the trick for me.. My location was set to something else than "Automatic", some Netflix trickery I've done a long time before updating to Yosemite...

Hope this can help you as well:-)

App Store Loading Indefinitely after Yosemite Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.