Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite iCal no longer prints Day with Date for 1 day printout.

Previous to v10.10, when printing an iCal single day calendar (Monday, Tuesday, etc...) by default it would print (for example) Friday, October 10. Yosemite iCal now only prints: October 10, omitting the day of the week.

Is there a way to get the day-of-the-week back?

Thnx

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 21, 2014 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2014 9:43 AM

Update Note for Apple's Software Engineers:

I have found a work around!

Print to PDF

Save to desktop

Open in Illustrator

Add Day of the week with type tool

Print

Throw PDF away!

Gee, I feel like I'm back in 1989 again!

24 replies

Oct 27, 2014 1:35 AM in response to MReinhardt

Well, in iCal Preferences try setting your start of the week as Sunday if Monday is what you want at print-out. When you go to Print you will find Monday is given as the start date! After printing, go to Preferences and set it back Monday so your screen view is correct.

This really is a ridiculous situation and a great nuisance. Back to chiselling the calendar with the correct start day on the walls of a cave stuff!

Oct 27, 2014 8:43 AM in response to alix86

Thanks Rockedge but the preferences switch still leaves the DAY of the week missing before the MONTH and Numeric Date.

The old way and now desired printout: Monday, October 27

Now its just: October 27

The hope is to return the MONDAY back in the print version...

My sarcastic but working fix is the Print to PDF, edit add day of the week, print, throw away...

I know there's a generation of programmers up at Apple who just can't conceive why someone would actually want to "Print" something, but there are...

Many thanks for your suggestion though...

Oct 27, 2014 9:39 AM in response to barry grimes

Yup, same issue

I print out my list each day and use to organize by day of the week. The ability to scratch stuff off my to-do list is satisfying. A satisfaction reminders and any technology cannot fulfill.

Now im stuck with just date ... give it back as an option in preferences... Surely if you let us see week 44 of of 2014...you can let us print the day of the week on printouts...

Nov 28, 2014 11:23 AM in response to barry grimes

Same problem. Drives me nuts!!!!

At the first day of the month, I print the entire month so my colleagues can easily see what's going on in our agenda.

But this is so stupid, we can't see the name of the day anymore! It is driving everyone crazy here!

Has anyone found a solution, without to much hassle, just like it was before Yosemite??????

Yosemite iCal no longer prints Day with Date for 1 day printout.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.