Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

people cant hear me on a call on my iphone 6

people cant hear me when im on the phone. my side cuts off.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 21, 2014 9:19 AM

2 replies

Oct 24, 2014 9:44 AM in response to Bailey5071

Hello Bailey5071,

So if people cannot hear you, then I would try out the steps in the article below to test it out to help isolate the issue with the microphone on your iPhone. You may also want to try with a headset or on speaker phone as well.

If your voice is too faint or sounds unclear using iPhone, or iPod touch

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts5183

Follow these steps, testing after each with Voice Memos.

1. Unplug anything plugged into the headset jack.
  2. If you're on a call and holding your phone next to your ear, speak into the microphone and make sure you don't block it with your fingers or shoulder.
  3. If you're using a screen protector or case that covers the microphone, remove it. Clear any debris from the microphones.
  4. Restart your device.
  5. Update to the latest version of iOS.

If you've tried these steps and people still can't hear you well on calls, contact Apple Support.

Regards,

-Norm G.

Aug 26, 2015 5:53 AM in response to norm123

I bought my iphone 6S in California in March 2015 and I am using it internationally. Every carrier, every call, 12 seconds into the call, my side drops out. I cannot believe I paid full price for this thing only to lose business when people get frustrated because they can't hear me and then hang up on me. I have followed all the forum suggestions and nothing works. It's Samsung next time for me.

people cant hear me on a call on my iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.