Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erasing an iPad2

I am considering upgrading to an iPad Air2 and don't know how to erase the data from from current iPad2. I think that all of my Apps and data will migrate to the new iPad Air 2 when I get item set up but I want to sell the iPad2 so I want my stuff all deleted.

Stu

iPad 2, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Oct 21, 2014 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2014 10:07 AM

Click here and follow the instructions.

(115094)

2 replies

Jan 24, 2016 5:45 AM in response to Niel

I am having a similar problem can anyone help?

I have been donated an old ipad2 by a friend. She erased everything and I set everything up this morning, logged in to my existing icloud account and got started. Unfortunately I forgot to disable my passcode and now I'm locked out as I can't remember it (well I can, but that's another story!). I have tried to erase the ipad to start over but I am unable to do it via find my iphone as the ipad is offline and I can't get past the lock screen to connect. So I have tried to put it in recovery mode and do it connected to itunes but it insists on updating first. The ipad then restarts and itunes tells me it cannot connect to ipad as it's locked with passcode. I feel as though I'm going around in circles. How can I erase the ipad and start again?

Erasing an iPad2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.