Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.1 upgrade on iPhone 5s keeps on rebooting

I downloaded and installed iOS 8.1 on my iPhone 5s using iTunes but after it was installed i noticed that it keeps on trying to reboot (Apple Icon then blue background then back to Apple icon and continue looping), is this normal or my upgrade is screwed? What do i need to do? Please help.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1, Upgrade issue

Posted on Oct 21, 2014 11:35 AM

8 replies

Oct 22, 2014 7:05 AM in response to RingoPerez

I had the same problem with my iPhone 5s after the 8.0.2 update. After hours working with support chat and trying to do a full system restore on my phone multiple times, I drove to the Apple Store an hour away and they had to replace my phone. The tech there told me that when they see this problem they just know they have to replace the phone as nothing else has worked. Sorry. I know how frustrating that is.

Oct 22, 2014 7:10 AM in response to RingoPerez

I had the same this happen to me. They had to mail me a replacement because they couldn't fix the issue, I did the update from my phone over WiFi. I'm not sure if that might have been the problem but now my new phone is finally in and im scared to update it even over a computer. The phone they gave me only has iOS 7 and it keeps shutting off on me.

Oct 22, 2014 7:32 AM in response to RingoPerez

After checking the different responses from other posting i found one response that says try the RESTORE mode using iTunes and i did try it, it downloaded the software for maybe more than hour, then my phone went back to looping again, i guess that is happening while it is trying to download the software (it is just taking a lot of time). So i remove it again and did the recovery mode steps and suddenly i saw that it was indeed doing the restoration to the latest software version which is 8.1. After that has completed and saw that my phone has been restored went back to iTunes and check if i save a BACKUP and restore my data and settings from that latest BACKUP and i was to finally upgrade to 8.1 but i have to go through this process.

I do not have a choice coz i have a lot of stuff on my phone... i lost a few settings here and there and some pictures i took lately but other than that i should have recovered everything just by doing the RESTORE AND RECOVER from BACKUP.

Please follow the link... If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Oct 22, 2014 7:42 AM in response to RingoPerez

My iPhone 5s keeps saying NO SIM then when i click ok it says searching then No Service and then i get service and then it repeats again and again i just upgraded to iOS 8.1 from iOS 7.1.2 yesterday and it worked fine before the update i contacted apple and they have there engineers working on it if any one knows a fix please let me know my carrier changed the sim for me as well and i am still having the same problem and some times it reboots on me as well

Oct 22, 2014 5:49 PM in response to RingoPerez

i'm having the same issue my phone keeps boot looping. This is the second time it has happen to me. last time i had to pay around 200 pounds to replace the phone. its a joke. apple need to sort this out.

just to let everyone know its not a hardware issue but is a software issue because everything was fine before the roll out of the 8.1

iOS 8.1 upgrade on iPhone 5s keeps on rebooting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.