Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot change text size, colors, etc in iMovie 10.0.6

Does anyone know how to change the text size, colors, etc in the Titles in iMovie 10.0.6? I cannot make any changes besides editing the text and changing the fonts, selecting Bold, Italic or Outlined.

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 21, 2014 1:15 PM

6 replies

Oct 21, 2014 11:17 PM in response to Ryder31

I'm so glad I'm not alone here. I've made countless videos with iMovie over the last year or so, and now that I've "upgraded" to iMovie 10 I find myself struggling with even simple tasks. Why on earth can't I change the size of a text in a title any more?? I'm finding that a title with more words is automatically made much smaller with no option to change it, so my video looks awful. Apple, this update feels like a huge step backwards.

Incidentally, is there no simple "captions/subtitle" option available in iMovie? It seems odd that there are so many ways to add different kind of titles, but no way to insert a series of simple subtitles at the bottom for those with hearing impediments. Am I just looking in the wrong place here??

May 4, 2015 1:26 PM in response to otokonomiyaki

I just have to say I am so angry at this version of iMovie. It is a major step backward. Text is impossible to work with as it doesn't allow any flexibility at all! There is no time to the clips I can use. The audio is SOOOO much more difficult to choose parts and fade. Just basic things were screwed around with so it is completely time wasting. Just like the "update" to Pages, this is a loser. It looks like Apple lost it's focus when it said, "oh, let's make a watch or a car..." or whatever. I never thought I would be comparing this with Windows apps, but it's clear to me, Apple doesn't care about simplicity, usefulness, or its customers.

cannot change text size, colors, etc in iMovie 10.0.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.