Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incoming cal from 00 00 000000 crashes phone app

Hey Fellas,

I own a iPhone 5 16gb A1428 currently running iOS 8.1.

Last sunday I received a cal from the number 00 00 000000. It was a call over skype to my cel number (my sister calling me overseas). At the time the iPhone was still running iOS 8.0.2.

As the phone rang and vibrated, the iPhone behaved weirdly and it gave me no option to either accept the call or not. The phone kept ranging in the home screen and I couldn't open the phone app. Finally, when my sister gave up calling me, I noticed the missed call badge in the phone app and the 00 00 000000 number in the notification center.

Afterwards, when I tried to access the phone app, either to make another call or clear the notification badge, the app wouldnt open. It indeed opend to a blank screen and soon it crashed and closed itself. I tried hard closing the app, rebooting the phone and etc. Nothing worked and I couldn't open the app.

In the following day I updated the iPhone to the iOS 8.1. And, after the update, I tried opening the phone app and after 5 minutes waiting in the blank screen, it really opened. I quickly erased the 00 00 000000 missed call and my problems were all gone.

Sadly, today I received another skype call from this damned 00 00 0000000 and the same thing happened all over again. Currently I can't open the phone app not even to dial and make calls. The only way to make calls is to add the number to the contacts and execute the call throung the Contacts App or searching for the contact through the spotlight.

Through the course of my life as a iphone user, i had one 3gs, one 4s and two iphone 5. This is the first time I have such problem.

Anyone have any insights in the matter?

Any help would be really useful.

Regards,

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 21, 2014 1:35 PM

10 replies

Oct 29, 2014 2:10 PM in response to DH88s

hey, there...

i'm having the same issue with my iphone 5s, using ios 8.1.

Every day, i receive a call from the number 00-00 000000, so my phone app and contacts app chashes in white screen.

The "solution" that i found for this, was save the number in my contact list and so block, in the ajusts of the telephone, but i think that this was not a very usefull solution for the problem. It's just a palliative...

So, please, if you get fix this bug, please contact me.

thank

Oct 30, 2014 9:05 AM in response to DH88s

DUdes,

i think the problem is worse than imagined... In another iphone 5s, that still havent any problem with that **** number, i tested just typing 0000000 on the phone app. the 6th time i pressed the "0", the iphone crashed too!!!

i had to wait, some seconds and then tapped backspace, until de app run normally again... So, never more wil enter 00000000 on phone app and wait, until apple fix this problem definelly.

:-/

Nov 6, 2014 7:00 AM in response to DH88s

Apple it's not the same, until iOS 6 i NEVER had any battery,security or functionality issue.

Where is the software quality?

Even a 8 years old child would test better the software before releasing.

Yesterday i've updated from iOS 7.1.3 to iOS 8.1 and if i could downgrade i'll do it immediately.

But if i look on the bright side, now i can prank my friends.

Jan 15, 2015 2:15 AM in response to AlexandrePozzebon

Hello,

I had the same problem on an iPhone 5 and 6 (both with iOS 8.1.2). On the iPhone 5 it was worse, because the Phone app screen was blank, or was crashing everytime.

On the iPhone 6, it made the phone very slow and laggy. I had to delete the +00 00 0000 missed call from the history, and then it worked.

Bump for a fix (without having to block the number)

Incoming cal from 00 00 000000 crashes phone app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.