Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading additional content on OS X 10.10

Hi,

I'm experiencing a strange situation with Logic Pro X 10.0.7 on OS X 10.10 regarding additional content.

I'm quite sure that I have selected everything in the "Download addition content" when I started my download and I think this screenshot confirm my theory:

User uploaded file

As you can see if I presse "Select All Uninstalled" button nothing is selected, so it seems that everything is already downloaded and installed, but as I click on one of this content the button "Install" turn enabled and if I click it would start downloading it!

Moreover if I open some song I get a warning that there are contents that are missing and have to be downloaded. For example "Standby House Beat" loop and "Euro Basic Beat" loop are missing (I know since I got in one of my songs).

Are you experiencing the same problem?

Thank you.

Logic Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 21, 2014 2:41 PM

8 replies

Oct 21, 2014 5:47 PM in response to Killkrt

As you can see if I presse "Select All Uninstalled" button nothing is selected, so it seems that everything is already downloaded and installed,

Apparently this is not so.. if i recall what CCT spoke about here... some time ago... (It's not a 10.10 specific issue as the same occurred with 10.8 and 10.9)

The Legacy stuff must be specifically manually selected and downloaded.... (and is not automatically selected when you use the Select all uninstalled button) which in your case, you have not done so which is why it doesn't say "Installed" next to any of it...

Thats why you are getting missing content messages.... so manually check all the Legacy content fields... and download/install

Oct 23, 2014 2:39 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

Thank you for your reply,

I've selected also the "Legacy and Compatibility", downloaded and installed it (now in the screen above everything is marked as "Installed") then I've restarted Logic, opened my song and again a pop-up message told me that there is some missing content to be downloaded, so I accepted and it has been downloading for about 2 hours (at 500kB/s), then I've reopened my song... And again the same pop-up has been shown.

So it seems that something is not working! Do you know if it is possible to rebuild in someway the sound library DB?

Thank you.

Oct 23, 2014 10:29 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

I've tried to reindexing the loops as you suggest, but I still missing some loops! So for example when I open my song the loop "Euro Basic Beat 4" is missing while "Euro Basic Beat 2" is available.

I don't how to solve and I would like to avoid downloading everything again!!!

All loops and instruments seem to be downloaded now:

User uploaded file

So what can I do?

Thank you.

Oct 25, 2014 5:45 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I didn't solve my problem, but anyway now I have more loops 😉

Anyway I think the problem is that I modified some loops from the library, honestly I don't remember how, but some loops are named like "Euro Basic Beat 02_1.caf" or "Long Crash cymbal 05.9.wav", so probably I made same destructive processing and I forgot to store in my project. The strange thing it's that Logic suggests me to download audio contents from Internet every time I open this project (and I cannot check which content is trying to download).

Thank you.

Downloading additional content on OS X 10.10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.