Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio Distorted On Mac Mini Phone Calls?

I am using a Mac Mini Late 2012 with the iphone 6 plus. I can make and receive phone calls with the Mac but the audio is very distorted. On the other end my voice sounds like it is in slow motion, on my end the other persons voice sounds like it is in fast forward. Any ideas for a remedy would be appreciated. Thanks!

iPad Mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 21, 2014 5:31 PM

19 replies

Oct 25, 2014 12:45 PM in response to revgam

Same here, same as with OP. On one end (iPhone speaker) it sounds deep and slowed down, on the other end (Mac Mini Late 2012) it sounds high pitched. I tried using both Face Time and the call hand-off feature, and in both cases the same thing happens.

Note, I tried using an iPad and in both cases it sounds just fine. Its only an issue with my Mac Mini Late 2012 running Yosemite. Mind you, I'm having other troubles too such as Yosemite being irresponsive following a "Sleep" (something that is being discussed in other forums).

I did a clean install of Yosemite, but it did not resolve either issue. Apple should address these problems in a patch.

Nov 6, 2014 5:54 PM in response to revgam

I have the exact same problem. Mac Mini (2012) with Yosemite and an external Logitech C615 WebCam. Works great in other apps like photo booth, but FaceTime has me sounding like a monster and the other party sounding like a chipmunk. This appears to be an OS X thing, not the WebCam as I've tried others with the same result.

Big problem... Help, Apple!

Nov 15, 2014 12:21 PM in response to revgam

It's certainly not a fix, but I've had some success restarting the core audio daemon.

sudo killall coreaudiod

FaceTime calls still intermittently have the chipmunk / slow-mo audio problem, but I find if I restart the core audio then restart the application I have some success.

Not entirely sure what the issue is - It's only happened since release, the previous GM was fine...

Nov 27, 2014 4:59 AM in response to revgam

I have found a possible solution on a different board - http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/144038-facetime-yosemite-audio-phone-call -issues.html

About 1/2 way down, someone found that if you run Audio Midi Setup, Find your unknown USB audio device, and change the setting from 16000 to either 32000 or 48000, the audio starts working fine. I have made a few test calls and my audio is fixed. I have a late 2012 Mac Mini with Logitech 9000 WebCam Pro.

Thanks

Audio Distorted On Mac Mini Phone Calls?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.