Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pay says my billing address is wrong and it isn't

Using my iPhone and the Apple Store app, I tried to make a purchase with Apple Pay. Apply Pay has my billing address in there, and it's correct. It imported it from my iTunes account info. I attempted to make a purchase 4 times and it denied each time due to wrong billing address.

So then I switched to other payment methods, chose the CC on file (same one) with the same billing address, and it went through fine.

Something is wrong with Apple Pay and my bank info. However, I can't edit the address anywhere or seem to fix it.

Message was edited by: Jay Contonio

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1, Apple Pay

Posted on Oct 21, 2014 6:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 13, 2015 5:32 AM

The address that is required is the address the credit card bill goes to. If the address is being rejected it is the card issuer (bank) that is rejecting it, not Apple. So you need to contact your bank.

5 replies

May 13, 2015 7:07 AM in response to Jay Contonio

This can be because of the data being incorrect, OR an apple problem, have had seen several times not working right... still got a lot of kinks to iron out.

The other thing is that I would call your bank, and since it's already set up through apple, they should be able to straighten things out on their end... and on a rare instance you may have to call apple to walk you through everything to see what's up.

Feb 28, 2016 2:07 PM in response to Jay Contonio

I Was having this problem trying to make an online purchase and my address was correct also. After contacting support I found out on my own that after I imputed my thumbprint to Apple Pay, it started 'processing' and it gave me a. ! Address . I checked the 'form,' my correct address was there but it was only asking for my Street not Address with my house number. I removed the number, left only the street name and it worked. Hope this gets you going faster than it took me to find out.

Apple Pay says my billing address is wrong and it isn't

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.