Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is itunes telling me "User not registered for online use" when I try to "Get Track Names?"

I am on Windows 8.1 using iTunes 12.0.1.26 and am trying to refresh my iTunes library. When I pop a music CD in the track names don't come in. When I try to manually get them I get the "User not registered for online use" message. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing with no success. My computer is "Authorized" to the Store.

Any thoughts?

Windows 8.1-OTHER, Windows 8

Posted on Oct 21, 2014 7:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2014 10:08 AM

Here is a thread that has some useful info related to your problem, including a couple less-than-ideal fixes.

Re: Getting error 'user not registered for online use' when getting track names on iTunes 12.0.1 on OSX Yosemite

Apple is getting back to me in three days about this, I sent a file summary of my macbook to them to look at. But until I get a final fix, try some of the things in that thread.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2014 10:08 AM in response to gpenick

Here is a thread that has some useful info related to your problem, including a couple less-than-ideal fixes.

Re: Getting error 'user not registered for online use' when getting track names on iTunes 12.0.1 on OSX Yosemite

Apple is getting back to me in three days about this, I sent a file summary of my macbook to them to look at. But until I get a final fix, try some of the things in that thread.

why is itunes telling me "User not registered for online use" when I try to "Get Track Names?"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.