Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Your computer is disabled" message after installing Yosemite

I installed Yosemite on my 2010 MacBook Pro. After it installed It restarted. Now when the computer is loading it stops and takes me to a screen that says my computer is disabled and to try again in 60 minutes. Then it does the same thing.

After the chime I tried holding down the option button but nothing happens so I can not bring up the boot up manager thing.

What can I do?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 21, 2014 9:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2015 4:20 AM

I had the same problem on my iMac after I locked my iMac with 4-digit iCloud PIN.

The solution in my case was to make "Internet Recovery" (Apple Support gave me this solution):

1. Power off your Mac

2. Power on and hold Command-Alt-R buttons

3. Mac boot with EFI PIN lock (padlock icon with bar)

4. Enter your 4-digit iCloud PIN or your Apple ID password and press Enter

5. Internet Recovery process can take about 10-15 min then Mac will boot normally.

If not, call Apple Support for help 🙂

No data lost was in my case of Internet Recovery

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2015 4:20 AM in response to mhaberstock

I had the same problem on my iMac after I locked my iMac with 4-digit iCloud PIN.

The solution in my case was to make "Internet Recovery" (Apple Support gave me this solution):

1. Power off your Mac

2. Power on and hold Command-Alt-R buttons

3. Mac boot with EFI PIN lock (padlock icon with bar)

4. Enter your 4-digit iCloud PIN or your Apple ID password and press Enter

5. Internet Recovery process can take about 10-15 min then Mac will boot normally.

If not, call Apple Support for help 🙂

No data lost was in my case of Internet Recovery

Jul 23, 2017 9:48 AM in response to mhaberstock

Solution::

you need to reboot your Mac and during restart press (Command+Option+Shift + R) before that make sure that you remove your Mac Pro from Find my Iphone. after you login it will ask you to put the passcode correctly. After login don't signout from icloud . Just remove Find my iphone option and return it back with your Apple ID password. you will find your Mac listed back in Find my IPhone.

Thanks.

"Your computer is disabled" message after installing Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.