Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is file sharing in iTunes 12?

Where is file sharing in iTunes 12? I used to click on the iPhone or iPad device, then select the 'apps' tab and then file sharing apps like VLC would show at the bottom. Now clicking on the device doesn't do anything.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 21, 2014 8:49 PM

13 replies

Nov 29, 2015 10:44 AM in response to LanceBoyle

It took me awhile to find this, not intuitive. After you click on "Apps" and they show up on the right hand side of the screen, click somewhere in the white space outside of the boxes that show the list of Apps and the Home Screens, then scroll down using a scroll wheel or dragging on a touch pad. The problem I had was that the scroll bar way on the far right edge wasn't visible on my monitor when I had Itunes maximized so I didn't realize that whole section could be scrolled, I was trying to scroll just within the Apps box itself, which I suspect is what others are doing as well.

Where is file sharing in iTunes 12?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.