Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting ads on iTunes Radio even with iTunes Match

Ever since updating to iTunes 12 on my work computer, I have been getting ads on iTunes Radio even though I have iTunes Match. Is there a way to fix this? Surely it's a simple fix, I read somewhere that you have to retoggle a setting but I am not sure if that's true.

Thanks

Posted on Oct 22, 2014 5:43 AM

45 replies

Oct 22, 2014 6:00 PM in response to ddjeffries

I just updated to 12 also and noticed the same thing. If this is a new "feature" I will not be continuing to pay for itunes match. Coincidence, it renews on the 25th, so I'll just keep the auto renew button off until there are no more ads.

I did try authorizing, deauthorizing and turning off and on itunes match. Still get ads. I'll try more stuff and report back in a few hours or a day to see if ads are now gone.

itunes 12 is also stupid because now you can't grab the top of the window while maximized to snap in windows 7 and as always the close button is offset from the corner so it doesn't work like everything else in windows. It's also ugly and lags a lot more than normal, and I'm on a recently build high end computer. Stupid apple.

Oct 24, 2014 11:36 AM in response to ddjeffries

To be more specific, this is occuring on my work computer, which has Windows 7 x64 Enterprise SP1. It is not occuring on my Mac, iPhone, or iPad. The problem began when I updated to iTunes 12.0.1.26.

I have attempted restarting iTunes, restarting my PC, uninstalling/reinstalling, logging out/in to iTunes, and turning Match off/on.

I have had iTunes Match since it first came out, so I have never used iTunes Radio with ads. The ads are very annoying and inconvenient, as they force iTunes to come into focus.

Nov 3, 2014 11:12 AM in response to ddjeffries

Wow, I'm NOT an iTunes Match subscriber yet (although I was just thinking about subscribing today as I'm also getting my first iPhone in the mail today), but even not being on iTunes Match it's not okay for a video ad to popup! I'm at work and was just shocked to get a McDonalds video popup! This is what I'd expect from spyware, not Apple software!

Nov 5, 2014 12:54 PM in response to ddjeffries

Same exact issue. I'm on iTunes 12 and have been subscribed to the match service since it was first made available. I only recently started to notice the ads when I'm playing music through iTunes. That said, I ONLY hear the Apple Radio ads from iTunes on my PC. When I use Apple Radio on my iPhone, I do not hear the ads. I also appear to be skip limited on my PC, whereas I'm not on my iPhone. I have also noticed that the station preferences don't seem to be syncing between my iPhone and my PC.

Nov 5, 2014 1:32 PM in response to gregoryfromrichardson

I also tried to create a brand new station from iTunes on my PC to see if maybe it was an issue related to the stations that I created and managed from my iPhone. The new station that I created also plays periodic ads. I have ensured that iTunes Match is enabled on my PC, Limit ad tracking is enabled and I have restarted iTunes multiple times. I do feel like Apple is not delivering the services entitled by the paid match subscribers.

Getting ads on iTunes Radio even with iTunes Match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.