Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes can connect to the itunes store but it shows a blank screen?

Hi.

I just updated my Itunes from a pretty old version to the newest, 11.4.

Whenever I try to open the itunes store though, it successfully connects; but then shows me a white screen.

Everything else works fine, I just can't see anything in the store.

This is what it looks like.

User uploaded file

I'm logged in, my MacBook Pro (Mac OS X 10.6.8) is authorized... I don't know what's wrong!

I've tried to restart it several times, restarting my entire laptop as well but it doesn't help.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 22, 2014 6:54 AM

4 replies

Oct 25, 2014 7:14 AM in response to Nina2800

Hello there, Nina2800.

It sounds like you are having issues connecting to the iTunes Store and getting a blank page. The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great steps for verifying connectivity:

Can't connect to the iTunes Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1368

Troubleshooting on a Mac

If you haven't been able to connect to the iTunes Store, a software conflict or your internet service provider (ISP) may be blocking your access.

• Update iTunes to the latest version.
  • If you have a firewall, your settings may be preventing you from connecting to the iTunes Store. To configure your firewall, please refer to the "Blocked by firewall" section in this article.
  • You may need to reset your keychain. Connection issues are occasionally caused by keychain issues. Click here to find out how to use Keychain First Aid to resolve any issues with your keychain.
  • If you are receiving a specific error message you may want to see, the "Specific Conditions and Alert Messages" section in this article as needed.
  • If the issue still persists, contact your internet service provider and confirm that the ports and servers in this article are enabled over your network.

Additionally, this article provides some additional recomendations if the issue persists:

iTunes: Advanced iTunes Store troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3297

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

Nov 7, 2014 6:55 PM in response to Nina2800

I am having the EXACT same issue on my iMac 10,1. I updated to 11.4 and everything works as it should, but a blank white screen with no content when trying to use the iTunes store. I am actually connected to the store- so not a connectivity issue, just NO CONTENT. 11.4 is working perfectly with the same account, same network, etc. on my Macbook. Please advise. THANKS!!

Itunes can connect to the itunes store but it shows a blank screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.