Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Birth year wrong in Family Share. How do I fix this?

I just setup Family Share. My child's birth year changed when I saved it. How do I fix this?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 22, 2014 6:39 AM

4 replies

Oct 25, 2014 7:02 AM in response to lbmail

Hello lbmail,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

You can edit the birth date by logging in to the affected Apple ID and following the directions below.

How do I change my Apple ID Name or personal information?

You can change your Apple ID Name at My Apple ID. Click on Manage your Apple ID and sign in with your Apple ID name and password. Click Edit and enter the new information, then click Save Changes. Changes take effect immediately. You can also use My Apple ID to change your personal information, such as your mailing address or email address. See Changing the name you use for your Apple ID if you'd like more information.

Frequently asked questions about Apple ID

Take care,

Alex H.

Jun 26, 2015 2:33 PM in response to lbmail

My child's birth year was also changed (from 2006 to 2012) when I added my child. I saw that the birth year was not changing on the screen when I was sliding the year to the correct year but assumed it would either allow me another chance to verify or use the year I selected. Unfortunately it did neither and now I have him in the system as a 3yo instead of a 9yo. Is there really no way to fix this?

Birth year wrong in Family Share. How do I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.