Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ring Around IPhone 6 Front Facing Camera

Can anyone else see a thin white ring around the front facing camera on their iPhone 6? It doesn't mess up the functionality of the camera but I can see it and it bothers me a little. Is this a manufacturing problem?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 22, 2014 7:07 AM

13 replies

Dec 4, 2014 2:58 PM in response to Jr Mack

Yesterday I was in an Apple Store in Rome to buy an iPhone 6 128G, they hadn't the phone available but looking at the various iPhone exposed I noticed an hardware problem: the crescent shape on a side of the front facing camera like it has "shifted".

I told it to the genius there but they said that they didn't notice it. The problem interested only iPhone 6 grey, not the iPhone 6 plus nor the other colors.

I just wrote a feedback to Apple in a way to have the problem recognized so that a change of the phone would be easier. Do the same!

Dec 22, 2014 11:55 AM in response to safi-12345

safi-12345 wrote:

I am also having the same crescent shape in my iphone 6 gold front facing camera, hope Apple should replace it for all the devices having same problem.

Apple has apparently stated that even though it may not be affecting the performance, they are still doing unit replacements. If the Apple rep you speak to balks at replacing it, explain that the reason you want the replacement is to avoid it becoming worse in the future, and if it becomes worse only after your warranty has expired but you reported the problem prior to the warranty expiring, then that makes a lot more work for everyone involved.

If they still balk, ask for a manager or Senior Advisor.

Feb 2, 2015 1:42 PM in response to maxpoland

maxpoland wrote:

In December 2014 i had the sam problem with the front camera in iphone 6 4,7 space gray. They gave me new phone. But today, I saw that again I have the same problem in new model that they gave me during replacement. Again apple exchange??? And over and over??? What abou when warrany ends?...

Do whatever you want to do. I'm not psychic. Your replacement device has at least a 90 day guarantee. Within the first 60 days of the ORIGINAL device date of purchase, you can get AppleCare+, which gives you two years of coverage.

Ring Around IPhone 6 Front Facing Camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.