Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot enable notes, reminders, calendars, contacts, or email in iCloud on my Mac

After updating to Yosemite, I cannot enable several services in the iCloud under Systems Preferences. When I try to enable Notes, I get a spinning icon to the right saying it is "Setting up..." and then after several minutes it gives my a dialog box stating "Notes can't be enabled at this time" and leaves the checkbox unchecked. When I try to enable Reminders, I get a spinning icon to the right saying it is "Setting up..." and then after several minutes it does nothing and the checkbox is left unchecked (no dialog box reporting any problems). When I try to enable Calendars, I get a dialog box asking if I want to merge calendars on my Mac with those on my other devices and I get the spinning icon with the "Setting up..." text and after a few minutes, nothing happens and the checkbox is left unchecked. For Contacts, the same. For Mail, I get "Your iCloud Mail account could not be enabled."

Does anyone know what is going on? Looks like there are several glitches with iCloud on a Mac!

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10), 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

Posted on Oct 22, 2014 8:43 AM

3 replies

Cannot enable notes, reminders, calendars, contacts, or email in iCloud on my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.