Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud purchases not viewable in iTunes 12

So - I feel pretty dumb not being able to solve a simple UI change, but this is driving me nuts. Any help would be appreciated.

Normally in iTunes, it's Menubar>view>Show iCloud purchases....yes?

I cannot figure out how to get my iCloud purchases to be seen in my library. I've tried everything....even system preferences....I'm either missing something...or...they got rid of the option? Seems like a strange thing to do away with. I would rather not have to dive deep into iTunes store menus overtime I want to download one of my purchases.

This is iTunes 12.0.1.26 on OS X Yosemite 10.10

2009 MBP

Cheers

Macbook Pro 15", Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on Oct 22, 2014 9:14 AM

10 replies

Sep 6, 2017 8:29 AM in response to nearjock

Sign out of the iTunes Store. Then sign in again. This should resolve the issue of cloud purchases showing when they are already in the library. Alternatively select Songs and then View > Only Downloaded Music. As a last restore you can hide purchases so they don't show twice. See Hide and unhide iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store purchases - Apple Support.

tt2

Oct 25, 2014 9:31 AM in response to dbaerg

Hello there, dbaerg.

The following link to the online iTunes User Guide seems to provide an answer for how to show your iCloud purchases in the latest version of iTunes:

iTunes Store preferences - iTunes Help

Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases

Display items purchased from the iTunes Store that haven’t been downloaded to your computer. These items have a Download button User uploaded file next to them.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

Nov 9, 2014 8:36 AM in response to Kalsta

Hi deBaerg,

after opening iTunes try to log out and in again. I have the same problem. The checkbox in the preferences and the menu bar is not showing after starting iTunes. As soon as I log in by e.g. trying to access my wish list it appears after a few seconds. I have this since iTunes 11. Nobody could solve this problem. But I am still hoping that someone comes up with a good idea...

Regards,

Sebastian.

Dec 25, 2014 5:49 PM in response to Mike Johnson12

Thanks Mike, that's it. But I'm almost 100% certain that wasn't there before. This may be a bug that was fixed with the 12.0.1 update. I've also done a clean install of Yosemite since I last commented here (was having other problems), so maybe that fixed it for me. In any case, it's now working.

For clarity, iTunes has two options that would appear to do the same thing:

1. Preferences > Store > Show iTunes in the Cloud Purchases
  2. View > Show Music in the Cloud

But they're not quite the same. If you have it unchecked in preferences, the option won't show in the view menu. So for it to work, you need it set to show in both places.

iCloud purchases not viewable in iTunes 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.