Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro hangs in yosemite after entering password

It was working before ]

sudently after a restart machine will hang in the login screen. machines boots to login window normally after entering the password one progress bar shows and hangs in the middle of it

Done PRAM, Disk repair etc no use

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 22, 2014 10:39 AM

11 replies

Oct 25, 2014 12:52 AM in response to e310

Well, I've had this everytime I logged in, and found that boot up time is actually quicker, So I think this is normal.

I think that Apple has made the boot up files smaller so that it easier and quicker to execute, meaning a quick boot.

However the ACTUAL files load up when the password is inputted.

I think this is a security prevention method. (Just a theory! Yosemite is new, remember that!)

They must've found that hackers can exploit the boot files and change vital files so that the boot completely skips the user password login.

This method prevents the hackers by only letting them access the little data the boot has, while the rest is secured behind your password.

Macbook pro hangs in yosemite after entering password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.