Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lock screen disonnects bluetooth streaming on iPhone 5c

I have a bluetooth enabled remote for my Siemens hearing aids. Sometimes when I have started listening to a program streaming from a radio app, it fades out after I lock the phone. If I turn the phone off and restart, it works as expected for a while, but always comes back eventually

iPhone 5c, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 22, 2014 11:07 AM

2 replies

Oct 25, 2014 11:45 AM in response to Virginia Bruce

Hello there, Virginia.

It seems you were referred to us from the very article that has a few pointers on troubleshooting the issue you're describing with your bluetooth enabled hearing aids.

iOS: Troubleshooting Bluetooth connections

If after following the initial troubleshooting steps recommended in that article you find that the issue persists, there are some additional steps you may try here:

Bluetooth disconnects, intermittent connectivity, or unable to find

• Move your iOS device closer to the Bluetooth accessory.
  • Position your iOS device and Bluetooth accessory in direct line of sight of each other. For example, move the Bluetooth accessory and iOS device to the same side of your body.
  • Remove any case, stand, or other accessories from your iOS device and see if performance improves.
  • Check for sources of potential interference and move both the iOS device and the Bluetooth accessory away from other electronic devices.
  • Reset network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This will reset all network settings including: previously connected Wi-Fi networks and passwords, recently used Bluetooth accessories, VPN, and APN settings.

If your device is still experiencing issues

If the steps above have not resolved the Bluetooth behavior you are experiencing, perform a software restore in iTunes.

If the issue persists after restoring your iOS device in iTunes,contact Apple for support and service options.

I also found some informative information in this article as well, in regards to hearing aid compatibility:

iPhone: Hearing Aid Compatibility (HAC)

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

Oct 29, 2014 12:12 PM in response to pedro d

I had already gone through, and ruled out, all of the above. Actually, it had nothing to do with any of that, I'm beginning to think it was a flaw in the app itself. It went away when I updated the app!

Unfortunately, my Siemens hearing aid system does NOT play well with Apple. Although many other companies have created iPhone apps for their aids, Siemens only offers Android. I'm planning to replace my system as soon as I have a spare $7K...

lock screen disonnects bluetooth streaming on iPhone 5c

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.