Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12 not showing iCloud purchases in library?

I've posed this question in several areas, and no one is responding.

It seems that the option to view or hide your iCloud purchases in iTunes has been removed. I've searched in every corner of iTunes, and the system preferences, and I just can't figure this out. Why on earth would they get rid of this? I've been forced to go into the store purchases section to access iCloud items, and it's really annoying. They show just fine on my ATV2, and my iOS devices, but not on my MBP.

I'm stumped, but maybe I'm just dumb and figure out the UI?

Any help would be appreciated.

Macbook Pro 15", Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on Oct 22, 2014 12:08 PM

6 replies

Nov 9, 2014 8:17 AM in response to greay

Hi deBaerg,

after opening iTunes try to log out and in again. I have the same problem. The checkbox in the preferences and the menu bar is not showing after starting iTunes. As soon as I log in by e.g. trying to access my wish list it appears after a few seconds. I have this since iTunes 11. Nobody could solve this problem. But I am still hoping that someone comes up with a good idea...

Regards,

Sebastian.

Jul 23, 2015 10:45 PM in response to dbaerg

Hey deBaerg,

I had the same problem and thankfully was able to find a simple solution.

• Go to the "Account" tab in the iTunes menu bar and select "Deauthorize This Computer".

User uploaded file

Enter your Apple ID and password to verify your identity.

• You will receive a pop-up message verifying that this computer has successfully been Deauthorized. Click "OK".

User uploaded file

• Go back to the Account tab in the iTunes menu bar and select "Authorize This Computer".

User uploaded file

• Enter your Apple ID and password.

• You will receive a pop-up message saying, "Computer authorization was successful. Click "OK".

User uploaded file

Now all of your past content purchases should be viewable in their respective locations. (ex: My Music, My Movies, My TV Shows, etc)

If you are still experiencing issues viewing your purchased content try these extra steps:

• Go to the Account tab in the iTunes menu bar and select "View Account (ex@email.com)...".

User uploaded file

• Under the "Apple ID Summary" heading you will find the "Computer Authorizations" section. Select "Deauthorize All".

User uploaded file

• Click "Deauthorize all computers".

User uploaded file

• Enter your Apple ID and password.

• Now, go back to the "Account" tab in the menu bar to Authorize your computer.

User uploaded file

This method worked for me. I hope it works for you too.

Sincerely,

FG

iTunes 12 not showing iCloud purchases in library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.