Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can´t open my osx system due to an error after resizing my bootcamp partition

Well, i recently installed windows 7 in my mac with the bootcamp, after that i realized that 100 gb (the space i used for the new partition) was not enough, then i searched for a way to rezise my windows drive, i first resized the mac disk so i could upgrade the windows with more space and found Mini-Tool Partition Wizard (third party) to do that. Did the procedure and after restarting the pc it reopened on windows but with this error http://i.imgur.com/TW05ZZw.jpg, meanwhile i tried to "enter" or "esc" but my keyboard didnt work. All i want is a way to get to my osx system so i can erase windows 7 and install it again setting the space that i want in the process.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 22, 2014 12:55 PM

8 replies

Oct 23, 2014 5:35 AM in response to Ribeirodesu

This brings up the Recovery Console. Do not make any changes, but can you post the output (using Terminal) of

diskutil list

diskutil cs list

You can use the Safari available in the Recovery Console to post information here.

From Boot Camp 5.1: Frequently asked questions

How can a Windows partition be resized after Windows is installed?

You need to delete the Windows partition using the Boot Camp Assistant, and start over to change the size of the Windows partition. Back up your important Windows files first.

Oct 23, 2014 6:44 AM in response to Loner T

Yes i will reinstall it because i need a specific program to a university work that only exists for windows, and now on the installation i will set the space i need so this won't happen again. I didn't have any files on the windows partition at all so i don't need to recover anything, but now i'll do a back up for sure.
Again, thank you for the help 🙂

Can´t open my osx system due to an error after resizing my bootcamp partition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.