Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notification banners and alerts on dual displays

I have a mid-2011 MacBook Air connected through HDMI to a 24 in 1080p Asus external display. Notification banners and alerts will only show up on the Air display, and I would prefer to have them appear in the upper right corner on both displays. I haven't found any information through numerous Google searches, or among other Apple support discussions. Is there a setting or way to do this?

Thanks in advance

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 22, 2014 2:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2014 3:14 PM

As far as I can tell, the only control you have over where those banners and alerts appear on multiple displays is by changing which display is the "main" display. If you go into System Preferences > Displays, under the "Arrangement" tab, you can drag a little menu bar to one display or the other. In my tests, the alerts and banners always show up on whichever one has the menu bar in this preference pane.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2014 3:14 PM in response to moot1687

As far as I can tell, the only control you have over where those banners and alerts appear on multiple displays is by changing which display is the "main" display. If you go into System Preferences > Displays, under the "Arrangement" tab, you can drag a little menu bar to one display or the other. In my tests, the alerts and banners always show up on whichever one has the menu bar in this preference pane.

Notification banners and alerts on dual displays

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.