Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes 12.0.1 cannot find track names online when importing CD. Help??

When I insert a new CD that I had bought iTunes cannot find the track names online. Once the CD is inserted and showing up in iTunes as track 1, track 2, etc. I click on option and select get track names again and then a message reading no error pops up. I recently just updated my computer to yosemite, and I did all of the iTunes updates, my current iTunes version is 12.1.0. I would really appreciate if someone could find a solution! It's driving me nuts!!

Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 22, 2014 2:14 PM

14 replies

Oct 22, 2014 2:20 PM in response to abourne10

If you log in as a different user, iTunes will work fine, even when using the same AppleID. It's a user preference that was messed up during the upgrade to iTunes 12. I've been working with Apple on this by phone for a few days now, and their engineers will have their 'results' of my case by the end of the week. Re: Getting error 'user not registered for online use' when getting track names on iTunes 12.0.1 on OSX Yosemite

That thread has some temporary fixes in it (such as deleting a few preference files or creating a new user account) to hold you over until a true fix is offered.

Edit

Sep 15, 2015 11:25 AM in response to abourne10

I just found that I have similar problem - iTunes 12.2.2 sends me this note when I try to get tracks:

"Unable to connect to the CDDB server. The network cannot be reached.

Make sure your Internet connection is active and your network settings are correct, then try again."

Needless to say, I have perfectly well working internet connection (the CD is going in while I'm writing that) and nothing else has a problem with working...

Itunes 12.0.1 cannot find track names online when importing CD. Help??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.