Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone else started hearing ads on iTunes Radio with iTunes Match enabled?

I have checked my account and I have iTunes Match enabled but since upgrading to Mac OS 10.10 I am getting ads every 5 songs.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 22, 2014 3:06 PM

50 replies

Oct 22, 2014 4:46 PM in response to tbbjr

In short, yes.

I listen at work on a windows machine. I upgraded to itunes 12.0.1 last week and started getting the ads Oct. 20 with my paid Match subscription as well. So this seems to be a cross-platform problem.

I've tried signing out/in of itunes, turning off/on match, restarting, nothing has helped.

I've Provided ITunes Feedback into the Apple black hole.

Oct 24, 2014 9:43 AM in response to willylowman

Just want the ads gone... I am in touch with Apple Support team and I will post any updates here. They are currently aware of the issue and I sent screen captures, steps I tried to resolve the issue and a link to this discussion. Please post if you are having this issue so we can have a clearer picture of the devices involved. So far I have only witnessed ads on non iOS devices running the newest version of iTunes 12.0.1.26. I use iTunes Radio on my iPhone in my car and have not heard any ads. Looking at those who have posted it appears to be both PC and Mac.

Oct 24, 2014 10:44 AM in response to tbbjr

Yep - me too. I'm running iTunes 12.0.1.26 on Windows 8.1 x64. I called Apple Support - case number 684616548. They had me Store -> Turn Off iTunes Match, reboot iTunes, Store -> Turn On iTunes Match.

I'm 30 minutes in and now I'm only getting Apple's iTunes Store ads. Listen to this new album from blah blah...

But I haven't yet seen any of the McDonald's ads that I had been seeing. Improvement?

Has anyone else started hearing ads on iTunes Radio with iTunes Match enabled?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.