Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth problem with OSX Yosemite

Hi,

I just installed Yosemite on my MacBook Pro MD101LL/A 13.3-Inch and I can't connect my Magic Mouse or my Big Jambox speaker through bluetooth.

Is there a way to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 22, 2014 5:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2014 5:56 PM

I just shutdown my Mac for 10 seconds and turned it on again and bluetooth worked.

12 replies

Nov 26, 2014 8:22 AM in response to LoFiSh72

Bluetooth Connect Reconnect Problem / Solution Workaround for Yosemity: (Summary: Try 'Turn Wifi Off' to wake up Bluetooth!!!)

If you can not connect/reconnect your bluetooth devices, try "Turn Wifi Off". It seems to 'wake up' the bluetooth and then my devices reconnect.

In my case, after sleep/wake of my MacBook, my bluetooth keyboard would NOT reconnect. When I 'Turn Wifi Off" my bluetooth starts working again immediately and my bluetooth keyboard immediately reconnects. I read on some non-Apple.com forum that sometimes 'Turn Wifi Off' on yosemite makes bluetooth start working again. Other times, 'Turn Off Wifi' followed by 'Turn On Wifi' makes bluetooth start working again.

In my case, whenever I can not get my bluetooth devices to connect/reconnect to my MacBook, I simply "Turn Wifi Off" and it immediately reconnects.

Good luck.

P.S. I'm guessing that with the 'Handoff a.k.a. Continuity' enhancements to Yosemeti, which use Bluetooth to dynamically enable iOS devices to coordinate workflows with MacBooks, that Handoff's dynamic explolitation of bluetooth behind the scenes, which is a new style of load usage on Bluetooth, that it has messed up the way Bluetooth is managed in Yosemite. I'm guessing that Apple is aware of this and will fix it eventually. Until then, "Turn Off Wifi" seems to do the trick for me when I want to 'wakee up' my MacBook's bluetooth and get my external devices connected normally.

Nov 30, 2014 7:45 PM in response to LoFiSh72

I used to be able to send pics from my Samsung phone via bluetooth to my new laptop. Since I upgraded to Yosemite it will not accept any files. My phone shows as discovered in my bluetooth file share box but is noted as 'not paired' in small print. I am so frustrated that I cannot complete a simple photo exchange and there is NO Apple technical support that I can reach out to. Very frustrated! Can anyone help?

Bluetooth problem with OSX Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.