Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 Plus audio jack -NO headphones fit! Diameter too small

i have checked everywhere but no one seems to share this issue. I have a new iPhone 6 Plus and NO pair of headphones fit!!! The Apple stock ones, bose, beats, etc. I appear to have the only one iphone that has this issue. I was expecting great service considering if I put this on YouTube I would get a bunch of hits. But instead I was put on hold while the operator was calling a nearby store and the call was dropped. Waited and no call back!

Please tell me I am not the only One?!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1, Audio jack too small for any pair

Posted on Oct 22, 2014 5:33 PM

6 replies

Oct 23, 2014 5:16 PM in response to pogster

I began this feed only AFTER I called to simply replace it but as I wrote above the call was dropped(After 35 mins on the phone) with the attempt to exchange it. The only drama here is if I am actually the only one with this problem. That is high drama since they would have to then sort all their stock and anyone in manufacturing understands that mess.

Dec 13, 2014 1:00 PM in response to K02vp01

I just looked all over the internet and was mad scared because mine did the same. Grab a needle and go as far as it will go don't jam it in there. Move in a circular motion and the lint should start to move up(WILL TAKE A COUPLE OF TRYS). The amount of lint that will come out will amaze you. Put the headphone jack under a nice led light and you should see the color of the plastic on the device.

Feb 27, 2015 7:38 AM in response to K02vp01

Mine is a structural problem. The jack gets stuck at the top because it isnt wide enough. The apple person still states i am the only one with this problem. It has been months and 6 phone calls. Only one person was willing to send me a new one but then i pay the shipping the phone back. I guess they are not concerned with this.

Feb 27, 2015 8:15 AM in response to K02vp01

No, you don't pay for shipping the device back. The only shipping charge is $29 USD + tax, and that's if you choose the Express Replacement option. And that's to cover shipping a replacement device to you up front.

You have the option of shipping the device to Apple first, for free, either via UPS or Apple can send you an empty box.

Or you can go to an Apple Store.

The only time a shipping charge is involved is if you want Apple to send you a replacement first. And you can ask for a Senior Advisor to waive that $29 shipping fee. But you'll still have to put a hold on a credit card for the retail purchase price of the iPhone.

If Apple has offered to replace your device, then obviously they are concerned about the issue.

Iphone 6 Plus audio jack -NO headphones fit! Diameter too small

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.