Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s enable dictation

I like to use the talk to text function on my iphone 5s. I just updated to the iOS 8.1, and now it says if I enable dictation, the things I say will be recorded and sent to apple, along with my name and nickname, names and relationships in my contacts, song names in my collectio. Does anyone else see this as a HUGE INTRUSION into our personal lives?!? And is there anyway to use dictation without Apple recording every word I say? My God, people are giving up privacy without even batting an eye!!

Privacy

Posted on Oct 22, 2014 8:30 PM

7 replies

Oct 23, 2014 7:55 AM in response to Itsguy

Okay, now I know what you are referring to. It has always been that way, and it is recorded and sent to the Apple server to process the dictation into text. You are free to do what you want, but if you used it in the past, that is the way it was handled. The same for any other dictation application. They all use the internet and send information to their servers and the send the text back to your device.

If you would like to provide feedback to Apple regarding your concerns regarding your privacy, you may do that at their feedback page HERE, and click on the appropriate link.

iPhone 5s enable dictation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.