Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using an icloud backup to configurate my new iphone 6Plus

Hello

i just received my new iPhone 6Plus and i tried to use the backup of my iphone 5 to configurate it.

but the problem is that i wasn't able to use the last backup because it has been done under iOS 8.1 and my new iphone is running iOS 8.0.2. so i used an old backup first and then i updated the OS on the new iphone.

my problem is that the configuration with the old backup is still running since 6 or 7 hours and a couple of my apps are still "pending..." i wanted to stop the config and it showed a message that if i stop it i will not be to reuse that backup.

now my question is : if i stop it, will i be able to use the last backup i made just before starting, since i have iOS8.1 on the new iphone ?

thanks

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 22, 2014 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2014 8:03 PM

If you have the backup that was done with iOS8.1 and do not write over it, you should be able to restore to that backup. If you have been restoring for 6-7 hours, then something has stopped running.

5 replies

Using an icloud backup to configurate my new iphone 6Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.