Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No shutter sound after updating ios 8.1 on iphone 5s

No shutter sound camera after taking 1st photo after updating ios 8.1 iphone 5S

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 23, 2014 4:19 AM

13 replies

Jan 8, 2015 9:17 AM in response to sparky67

Same here. iPhone 5 (not 5s), iOS 8.1.2.

Very annoying. I was pressing the shutter twice for awhile not realizing that the sound effect is broken. Hard reboot does nothing.

APPLE NEEDS TO FIX THIS! I can't understand why simple bugs get introduced into new iOS versions and Apple takes forever to address them.

I posted it in their feedback form:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Maybe we all need to post this issue so it can get escalated in their development schedule.

Jul 10, 2015 5:34 AM in response to josemmc95

I have tried everything...hard reset, soft reset, reset all settings, turn on and off. The closest I get to fixing it is if I soft reset the shutter sound comes back for a random amount of time. 10-24 hours. I've seen and commented on other forums with people having the same problem with no fix. Just wondering, who here thinks it is hardware vs software? Reason I ask is because I would suspect there would be a lot more people complaining about it if affected every phone. Either that or they just never noticed it.

No shutter sound after updating ios 8.1 on iphone 5s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.