Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Many it tunes issues remain.

I was hoping with the release of the new version of iTunes that many of the old issues would be resolved but they have not. Here are those I have discovered over the last few days which began to appear with iTunes 11 and are not apart of iTunes 12:

1. When a podcast episode is complete, iTunes jumps to a random podcast and plays a random episode. Counter intuitively, you have to manually set iTunes to shuffle to prevent it from shuffling.
  2. Previously, when deleting a podcast episode, a dialog box would pop up asking if I wanted to delete the episode but keep it on my hard drive or delete the episode and move it to the recycle bin. ITunes no longer provides the option.
  3. Random podcasts begin to download old episodes from the cloud. Sometimes all old episodes, at other times it’s only the last handful. You never know.
  4. Some podcasts do not update at all.
  5. Some podcasts will randomly show all the episodes available for a particular podcast on iCloud.

Please fix your issues instead of giving your product a cosmetic make over. The energy you put into it could be better well spent than putting lipstick on a pig.

Windows XP

Posted on Oct 23, 2014 4:38 AM

16 replies

Oct 23, 2014 4:59 AM in response to Souperman

Souperman,

What a great post!

I'm using Windows 8.1 and I've experienced all of the points you mentioned. I find the reversed shuffle problem particularly annoying.

Submitting bug reports seems to be a total waste of time as no-one at Apple seems to acknowledge that there are any bugs at all!

Version 12 is particularly poor and I've now uninstalled it and replaced it with what I consider to be the last stable, relatively bug free version (i.e. 11.0.5)

Oct 25, 2014 5:57 PM in response to Souperman

Gotta agree, seeing all the same stuff in itunes 12

My bug:

Itunes leaves podcasts in the cloud, it refuses to automatically download them them to my hard drive, even though I have all the settings set for that (believe me I've looked at them about a dozen times!). To make them download I have to click on EACH stupid cloud icon to make it download!!! I don't want to listen to stuff in the icloud, especially on a 160gb ipod classic with no internet connectivity. Dammit, apple, how hard is it to program podcasts right? Every recent stinking version (11, 12, and whatever fractional version itunes is at today) something like this has been happening. Aren't you embarrassed to be putting out crap software like this? I would be.

Oct 26, 2014 6:08 AM in response to podcastsbrokeneveryversion

I think perhaps that the Apple software development team has been infiltrated by Microsoft agents who are trying to bring the company down from the inside :-)

What possible other reason can there be for releasing such horrible bug ridden software?

The same problems exist, version after version after version, despite numerous complaints which all seem to fall on deaf ears.

Surely simple testing of the software before release would bring all of these problems to light as they're so obvious.

I'm really baffled why nothing gets fixed.

Nov 3, 2014 6:29 PM in response to Souperman

I have also discovered that Safari has a bunch of problems which make it unusable and inferior to most other browsers. I think apple is having an internal meltdown which they have no ability to recover from. I would suggest they higher people with a higher level of technical skill to help correct their persistent problems but they also seem to lack managerial skills to run a company productively. With how fast they are loosing control of their brand they may want to take their cues from Bill Gates. At least Gates took several decades to run his company into irrelevance rather than the few years apple seems to be doing it.

Nov 18, 2014 4:33 PM in response to Souperman

Well after months of refusing to upgrade from iOS 7 to iOS 8, I have finally made the move and I must say I am entirely amazed at the many used of grey Apple used in this version of their operating system. I always thought grey went out after the invention of color TV but boy was I wrong. Windows, icon bars, text bars, buttons, you name it; all in vibrant grey. I assume the color dung brown or urine yellow must have been taken by some other company. I am also impressed how the icons no longer have that shinny candy like look and now are flat and featureless like cheap wingdings that come with MS Word. Another winner Apple.

Dec 5, 2014 5:23 AM in response to Souperman

Now Apple is stealing music from the public. This act of theft is unconscionable and with all the other unresolved issues I plan on buying a non-Apple product next time I purchase a phone. My suggestion to everyone is to backup everything on their computer (especially anything connected to iTunes) because a thief has no limits or moral center. Once a thief, always a thief.

Dec 5, 2014 5:41 AM in response to Souperman

Think cockup over conspiracy.

See Re: Why did iTunes 11.1 (126) delete all (SEVERAL HUNDRED) Podcasts?

My guess is that you are suffering from at least some of the same issues where your preferences may have been inadvertently changed for one reason or another.

See also Backup your iTunes for Windows library with SyncToy.

Under Edit > Preferences > Advanced click Reset Warnings to make sure you get prompted when you delete files. If iTunes still doesn't offer the option to leave the originals alone when you remove from iTunes then they've fully embraced the cloud for podcasts and assume you can always get them again from the source. Irritating since I subscribe to a few where episodes are only ever up for a week.

tt2

Jan 11, 2015 9:57 AM in response to Souperman

The mediocrity never ends. I had to restore my phone because my phone started depleting my battery after an upgrade. Of course, the backup didn't back up my ringtones so they were lost but now when I attempt to put a video on my phone it needs (for some weird reason) to delete all music, ringtones, and the like. Crazy. And yes, I did click on Manually manage music and videos. Didn't help. Its always these little piddly things that make iTunes and iOS suck.

Jan 31, 2015 5:13 PM in response to Souperman

Hey, iTunes 12.1 is out and everybody should be happy to know that nothing important has changed and all the crappy bugs still exist...

1. iTunes still jump to random podcasts after finishing an episode without first clicking on the shuffle button. That's right, you have to click on the button to shuffle so it won't randomize and it will stop moving on to another podcast.
  2. The dialog box pop-up that used to ask if I wanted to delete the episode but keep it on my hard drive or delete the episode and move it to the recycle bin is still not on the new iTunes.
  3. Random podcasts begin to download old episodes from the cloud. Sometimes all old episodes, at other times it’s only the last handful. You never know.

I am still waiting to confirm if iTunes 12.1 may randomly not update certain podcasts or randomly begin downloading all episodes of a podcasts but for certain it has started downloading a random old episode for no particular reason. I am certain if Apple couldn't fix the first three issues that these last two weren't on their to-do-list.

I would ask Apple to fix these issues but I don't think they care at this point.

Oct 24, 2015 6:46 AM in response to Souperman

I just purchased my first non-Apple product. I was looking for a tablet but wanted to avoid the iPad. I purchased the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and it is fantastic. You can do everything that you can in the iPad and more. Its user friendly and there are tons of mods so you can change the look of the desktop and just about anything else you like. My iPhone, which is only a few years old, is already having sever issues so I may be going Galaxy in the near future. Taking a look at the discussion boards at Samsung, the company appears to take user comments seriously and address issues when they are raised.

Dec 22, 2015 12:01 PM in response to Souperman

Here is the newest problem in the long line of iTunes issues. After a podcast comes to an end, iTunes automatically jump to a random podcast. It doesn't mater whether or not shuffle is turned on or not. I believe in less that five years iTunes will be nearly nonfunctional on any level since Apple does nothing (and I mean NOTHING) to fix any of the problems with their product and that every new version of iTunes only creates more problems.

Many it tunes issues remain.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.