Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I share a collaborative document to be opening in pages and or numbers as apposed to iCloud online?

I want to share a document with a college that we can both work on but using the native apps pages and numbers. If its possible using iClouds version of these apps in a browser surely its possible using the actual apps locally? I can't seem to see it any where, I can see share and send a copy but share only allows me to send a link to the online version.

Any one offer me any advice? Thanks

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 23, 2014 7:54 AM

7 replies

Oct 23, 2014 8:14 AM in response to Elbartino

Our small business succeeds in this by using Dropbox. Not Apple software, but we've had no problems using it. Dropbox even handles the problem of both parties editing the file at once. (It creates two versions, marking them as different versions. We then have to incorporate the changes into a single version, though.)

Oct 23, 2014 8:33 AM in response to Elbartino

Im wanting to complete a form remotely on iPad which has been created which is then accessible and editable back at the office. Collaborated. It can be done with a link to the document edited in the browser but I'm wanting to do it with the software not the browser.

The link to the file in the cloud will only open in the browser, and sending a copy sends the document in that state at that time, rather than adding additions from both parties as they happen.

Jan 2, 2015 1:45 AM in response to SGIII

SGIII wrote:

If you want to collaborate real time, with more than one person working on the document, then I think you all have to be working in Numbers for iCloud (i.e., through the browser).

SG

OK working at the document at the same time would be great in the native application but I see that it's not supported at this time.

But is it possible to see the documents in the Mac app and open a document exclusively in the Mac app? This would be great for the time being.

Can I share a collaborative document to be opening in pages and or numbers as apposed to iCloud online?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.